Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Cassiopeia=20E=2D65?=
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jouko=20Holopainen?= <holopjo@nethawk.fi>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/14/2003 04:51:35
Hi.

I am total newbie. I just bought  Casio Cassiopeia E-65.
It is a really low end PDA, but it was only about $40.

All menus are in Japanese only, so I have "small"
problems, but it won't stop me :-)

This far I have been able to run pdaboot to run kernel, but
then the kernel cannot find root file system. It cannot find
it because there is none in my flash.

Do I need to partition my flash card? Or can this root
file system be in the FAT?

If so, do I need NetBSD system, or can I do it in Linux
(or windows)?

How about input - the package did not include serial
cable. Is there some keyboard program, which could be
run automatically?

Or can I use the IRDA port for console?
Or would it be easier just to buy the cable?

I need to create cross compiler into my Linux box, but
I haven't tried it yet. But this is subject of my next
message, if there are problems :-)

So if someone can give me binaries, please do so...

--
  @jhol
Jouko Holopainen / NetHawk Inc.