Subject: Re: ibmZ50, install, disk full, 128MB CF, 100MB bsd partition
To: Kenneth R. Mort <ken@post3.mort.net>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@mattias.nu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/13/2003 20:55:58
Kenneth R. Mort wrote:
> Trying to install ver 1.6 on an IBM z50.
> What is the minimum space required for install?
> I tried installing just: kernel, base and etc.
> [...]
> I'm installing by ftp. A minimum install of kernel, base
> and etc. The files download fine, but I run out of space
> when their extracting.

i haven't ever installed anything on a z50, but on a few other low
memory/disk machines. try piping the ftp download directly to tar. don't
remember exactly how it's done, but it's pretty much just a matter of
exiting to a shell and typing a few commands instead of using sysinst
for the download/extract step. you could also try to install one set at
a time i guess, but i don't know if that will help you all the way...

	/matt