Subject: Re: Trouble installing on IBM z50
To: Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
From: Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/06/2003 11:22:12
While it may not be ideal, on my setup (the exact same as yours, 256MB
CF card) I have a swap partition of 10 mb, a dos partition just big
enough to hold psdboot and the initial install kernel (3 mb I think),
and the rest is all in one big root partition. It works very nicely and
doesn't force you to divide up what precious little free space you have
(7mb for me after I have all of my applications).

On the CF card problem you need to get the patched kernel from here:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/1.6-z50-fix/

Hopefully that will get you up and running.

Jeff

--
Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu>