Subject: Re: Trouble installing on IBM z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/02/2003 20:02:46
Am Sonntag, 02. Februar 2003 um 10:24:30 Uhr (-0600) schrieb Carl
Wilhelm Soderstrom:

> if you have a linux box on hand, you will probably find it handy to
> set up an FTP server on it to serve up the installation tarballs. it's
> pretty easy, and it means you can install at LAN speeds (or get errors
> at LAN speeds) rather than have to download the files each time.

Thanks, but networking throughput/latency itself is not the issue. I
work in a university - FU Berlin - with its own NetBSD FTP mirror in the
campus intranet (which works fine when I access it from other
computers).

So I will follow Jeff's suggestion of a driver/hardware problem with the
NIC (which btw. works flawlessly and at high speeds in my Linux laptop)
and experiment with other PCMCIA cards...

-F

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/
http://www.complit.fu-berlin.de/institut/lehrpersonal/cramer.html