Subject: XDM for Xhpc not working
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tak Pui Lou <lou@man-97-187.ResHall.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/31/2003 21:38:40
Hi all,

As someone pointed it out before, the xdm is not working. The
/var/log/xdm looks something like the following:

xdm error (pid 210): IO Error in XOpenDisplay
xdm error (pid 206): Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 2816

xdm error (pid 206): Display :0 cannot be opened
xdm error (pid 212): IO Error in XOpenDisplay
xdm error (pid 206): Display :0 cannot be opened
xdm error (pid 214): IO Error in XOpenDisplay
xdm error (pid 206): Display :0 cannot be opened
xdm error (pid 216): IO Error in XOpenDisplay
xdm error (pid 206): Display :0 cannot be opened
xdm error (pid 206): Display :0 is being disabled

Is this being fixed? I compiled the 1.6 z50 kernel so that it has LCD
suspend, track point, KLOADER and my LP-E+ ethernet card support. I also
have SlimSCSI compiled into the kernel although I want to sell my
SlimSCSI. It is barely used because I don't have an external SCSI HDD at
home. I used to use it at work for less than 2 months. I think hpcmips
is very usable now. Thanks for all the people who make this happens.
I am thinking about

I have dillo and abiword on it. It is pretty cool. It will be better if
there is a virtual screen of 800x600 for the Xhpc. I want to use twm or
mwm. So, tvtwm is not what I want.

BTW, I have the following in dmesg:

pcmcia1: CIS checksum failed

What does that mean?

Is there anyone working on the built-in modem? How can I test the audio?

---
Lou