Subject: Re: SUCCESS: Kingston 2GB PCMCIA HD install
To: Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/27/2003 23:37:38
On 27 Jan 2003, Jeff Bolle wrote:

> How rough are the 2GB drives on your battery life?  That would be a real
> improvement over the 256MB CF card I have now.
>
> Jeff

dunno... really haven't timed/tested... i can tell you that the 2GB drive
*will* suck batteries in comparison to a microdrive (which draw more power
than flash CF, IIRC)...

btw, i found out that my Xircom CF Ethernet won't work in the CF slot with
the 2GB PCMCIA drive inserted (totally 'horks' the system?!?!)... however,
having a 2GB HD is quite handy for development, backup, and installs (as i
*can* use the 2GB HD with a microdrive in the CF slot)!

now if we can get the D-Link CF 802.11b card supported in an
audio/trkpt/LCD suspend kernel - whoo hoo!

i'm always amazed at what the z50 and netbsd can do!