Subject: Re: Loading v1.6 on Intermec 6651
To: Joe Steele <joesteele@hotmail.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/27/2002 15:11:49
On 2002-12-25 joesteele@hotmail.com wrote:

> Ok, here is my latest progress.
>
> I tried booting from serial console using generic kernel and Sharp HC-VJ1C
> as the type. I did a hard reset before hand and set the available program
> memory to 30Mg (almost the max). I got slightly more information. Here is
> the boot log:

  Has anyone used NetBSD 1.6ish on TX3922 machines?  I tried a few months
ago on my epod and PenCentra 200, neither of which have ever fully booted
but at least got part of the way at one point.  There may be a general
TX3922 problem at or near the bootloader jump stage.

  Also, is hpcboot supposed to be working for hpcmips now?  Have you tried
pbsdboot?  Or is hpcboot needed for the TX machines?  I thought I tried it
on one of mine, but perhaps not.  Last time I tried it hpcboot didn't work
on my Clio (which is a VR4111).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net