Subject: Re: installation help - NEC MP 800
To: Albert Huang <neustis@hotmail.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/04/2002 16:27:27
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Albert Huang wrote:

> I'm trying to install NetBSD on a NEC MobilePro 800 with a 48 MB Kingston CF
> card.  I haven't been able to find very many web resources, so hopefully
> someone on this list might be able to help me.

albert - you'll need a CF card with a capacity greater than 48MB AFAIK...

i install by prepping the card to support a small VFAT partition holding
pbsdboot and another partition (which can be set to anything - i use
ext2)...

i'd go with a 128MB CF (at a minimum)... i'd recommend a 256MB CF or 340MB
microdrive... the 340MB microdrive has enough room to host the entire base
distro w/X and development apps...