Subject: 1.6 install on z50 (newb questions)
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Doyle <tdoyle@ieee.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/02/2002 14:59:28
Hi,

First I wanted the thank the people who do all the hard work on NetBSD and
especially those who take the time to answer questions like I'm about to
ask...

I am completely new to NetBSD, and I don't know where to proceed.  I have
installed 1.6 on the z50 but I get an error when it tries to boot.  So I
know there is a patch, but I guess I don't know how to apply it.  I copied
the files from the patch ontop of my 1.6 directory (on my ftp server) and
installed but I get a core dump at the end.  So I know I need to do
something with the i82365.c.patch but I don't know what.

If you could point me to a source where I could learn more about resolving
this problem it would be appreciated.

TIA,

Tom