Subject: Re: z50 kernel compile problem
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/29/2002 01:32:07
: >tools   6 hours
: >kernel  5 hours

The kernel that I built today took like about 2 hours.

: >everything  110+ hours :-)

Everything 110 hours?  That's like 4 and a half days!

My mipsco 16MB RS3230 (R3000@25MHz) took 5.5 days to do the same, but
with local SCSI disks.  It took almost half a day to create the
compressed release images.  I haven't tried to rebuild things from
dirt since I upgraded it to 128M, but expect that it would shave a day
or two off the build time based on a friend's experience with
upgrading his 68k machine from 16M to 80M.

Last time I built hpcmips from dirt on my MC/R430 w/32M of RAM with an
NFS /usr/obj it took on the order of 50 hours, but that has been a
while ago now.

Warner