Subject: X starting problems
To: NetBSD -- hpcmips port <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?Windows-1252?Q?Vir=E1gh_Barnab=E1s?= <bhs@ludens.elte.hu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/04/2002 12:59:43
I have run into errors...

I have finaly installed NetBSD to my Casio E-100. It opens a console through
com0, to my Win2000 terminal, and also enables displays ttyE0 - ttyE3.

I have installed the following sets:
kernel.generic
base
etc
xbase
xserver
(and also the 75 DPI directory of the xfonts)

after that, I made
chmod a+rw /dev/ttyE0

after that typing
startx -- -dev=/dev/ttyE0
prints out: -dev not recognised, and prints out the help, and in the end, it
will display the following errors:
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 61):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

if I start simply startx, it will display:
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
and a 2.5 Mbyte Xhpc.core file is generated in the current directory.

What's missing? Or what could be the problem? What, and where and how to
configure?
(btw, in the INSTALL.HTML there is a line
"If you have installed the X Window System, look at the files in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc for information"
but it's simply not there... and it's nowhere...

I would be pleased to have gotten some help!