Subject: a couple questions / observations
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jolan Luff <jolan@encryptedemail.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/01/2002 21:19:42
hi, i just installed netbsd 1.6 on my z50.  i noticed some weirdness:

1) i installed w/802.11b.  ftp install worked fine.  i committed the
settings to /etc for reboot.  upon reboot, it didn't initialize it
correctly. anyone else notice this?  i just edited manually since i
wanted to call wiconfig anyway.

2) i saw a message about MSDOS partitions being set-up in the
installer.  what is it supposed to do?  it didn't set-up anything as
far as i can see.  i still need to edit the disklabel & fstab.

anyway, as far as questions:

1) is it possible to be able to switch back from xfree to the
console?  maybe this isn't possible because of the way the keyboard
driver is done..?

2) how do i copy & paste in X?  it doesn't seem like there's 3rd
button emulation. or if there is it's not obvious to me.

3) i know lcd blanking doesn't work 100% correctly, but i'd like to
enable it.  what's the kernel option?

4) anyone have a keymap for the z50?  something that enables
pageup/pagedown at the very least.

thanks,
jolan