Subject: Re: NetBSD on Cassiopeia E-100?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?Windows-1252?Q?Vir=E1gh_Barnab=E1s?= <bhs@ludens.elte.hu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/31/2002 23:04:24
Thanks for the advices for Benjamin and Carl!
I have already figured out that after altering the partition, WinCE didn't
realize it's size modofications... I had to completly repartition the whole
card, then Boot up WinCE, put in the card this point WinCE detected, that
the card wasn't formated, so it formated a msdos partition, and after all
NetBSD was also able to mount the partition. So in the and, I could install
the whole thing up...

Now I have other issues... I have installed everithing (base, etc, kernel,
xbase, xserver), but I can't start X...
I can boot up two ways NetBSD:
- With built in consol (I can login as root, create users modifying
anything, etc, through my PC, but cant start X). In this mode it seems to me
that the screen is being blocked, and everything is directed to the VT100
consol. Since it does not have frame buffer (or something), it can not start
X.
- Boot up normaly. It is realy funny that it boots up, and prompts for
login... but since my E-100 does not have any kind of keyboard... It's quite
impossible, isn't it?

So, I'm interrested in two technics:
- How to login automaticaly, and start X?
- How to boot up normaly, and make available a serial console connection as
well?

By the way... I've wrote some time ago, that NetBSD displays me an error,
when booting up with the built in serial console:
Sep  8 20:27:45  getty[178]: /dev/ttyE0: Device not configured

I've solved the problem, with these commands:
unlink /dev/ttyE0
ln -s /dev/console /dev/ttyE0

An other question:
I've red the archives, and I wonder about why is it that Z50 can go into
suspend mode, and my E-100 cant? When I push power button, it says:
hpcapm: suspend req
Sep  8 21:01:55  /netbsd: hpcapm: suspend req

after pressing again:
hpcapm: set power state SUSPEND...
hpcapm: resume

but the display stays turned on... Is there a patch or work around, or
configuration trick to enable this feature?