Subject: Re: NetBSD on Cassiopeia E-100?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/31/2002 09:38:15
I don't know anything about the E-100; but is there any hope of doing a
network install? if you have a freenix (linux|*BSD) box, it's easy to set up
an FTP server and do the install over the network from that. that's how I've
done my z50.

also, what about making the MS-DOS partition the first partition on the
disk? wince on my z50 doesn't recognize the partition table at all; so I
just have to be careful to put less data on the card than the partition
size, or else it gets corrupted. :(

> In the partition label what so ever, I have set up the followings: (on
> device wd0)
>
> a: 41-120 4.2BSD type partition, mount point: root (/)
> b: 121-123 swap type partition
> c: seem to be the whole CF card
> d: seems to be a BSD partition
> e: 0-40 msdos type partition, mount point: /msdos
>
> after this I select custom install, and to install from an unmounted
> filesystem.
> At that point, I have tried everything! There are 3 parameters of this kind
> of install, the device (which should be wd0e, shouldn't be?), the file
> system (which is msdos) and directory, which is "binary/sets" (as it is in
> WinCE: "Storage Card/binary/sets").
>
> After these settings, it always drops an error that says: "can not be
> mounted ... direcotry on ... device".

Carl Soderstrom
--
Systems Administrator