Subject: kernel compile
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/05/2002 10:36:01
I am pretty new to netbsd and hpcmips so hopefully someone can tell me
what I am missing here.  I have the 1.6 sources, and have updated them
by CVS.  My config file is just a copy of GENERIC with the LCD blanking
option for the z50 added. My first problem is that when I start X with
this new kernel the mouse and keyboard don't work, but the keyboard
works fine on the command line (I was able to login and start x...).  My
second problem is that with the new kernel when I enter reboot it
doesn't reboot like the kernel from the distribution packages does, it
just shuts down the machine and I have to yank the battery and throw her
into CE and all that.

Am I missing some patches that were not put into the CVS source?
Something else stupid I may not be doing? I would really like the screen
blanking, and to be able to compile a kernel that works properly.
Thanks.

Jeff Bolle