Subject: Re: 1.6 kernel binary with IBM z50 PCIC fix is available
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/25/2002 10:12:51
On 25.09.02, 01:18:13, Andrew Diller wrote:
> Does anyone else have the problem of the 1.6 kernels wacking their z50's?
>
> With the below kernels, if I halt or hard reset, the z50 seems dead, and I
> have to leave it alone with no batts for an hour or so before it will fire
> up wince again and let me try to load something else.

For quite some time before 1.6 I had that problem with 1.5Something
(-current). However, a few seconds without batteries is enough to bring
it back to Windows CE, always remember to lock the latch after inserting
the batteries. (I do not have the backup batteries installed at
all, they're no use for NetBSD and the machine drains them in a few
weeks anyway.)

> Also, what's the chance of getting a 1.6 kernel with sysinst image so that
> we can install 1.6 on some systems?

It's been some months since I installed it from scratch, but isn't
NetBSD/hpcmips installation sysinst-based, just like i386?

I remember having done a quite normale installation from SCSI-CDROM,
worked fine.

> -andy
>
> --On Tuesday, September 24, 2002 12:55 PM +0900 Takao Shinohara
> <shin@sm.sony.co.jp> wrote:
>

> >You can get fixed kernel binary from;
> >
> >	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/1.6-z50-fix/

What was the problem with the kernel? I run a 1.6 release with pcic
without problems. Should I worry?

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - A Mycroft in every port.