Subject: A question about internationalization of hpcmips
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Qian Zhen <qzhen@flotu.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/05/2002 22:23:48
Hi,all
I got a NEC MGII 550 and installed hpcmips.I really enjoy it and thank =
for all the creative works done.

I am considering to install the Chinese environment for hpcmips, but =
after searching google and netbsd.org I found little useful info, in =
English. Maybe Japanese mail archive of hpcmips have already contained =
some useful informations. But unlucky, I totally have no idea about =
Japanese.
I am get some information from the GNU/Linux internationalization =
project I18N  (formally Xcin project from Taiwan) and be told that I18N =
and XIM is the standard to display and input multibyte code (such CJK), =
but it require glibc 2.1.x or above. And XFree86 Version4 is required to =
get a better support of TFT font (although XFree3.3.x also could support =
international font).
I have checked the netbsd-current, the highest version of glibc is 2.0.6 =
(maybe 2.0.7). So I am wonder what way is Japanese supported in hpcmips.

thanks

Qian Zhen=20

 =20