Subject: questions re NetBSD on NEC Mobilepro 880
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/11/2002 10:24:11
I am considering installing NetBSD on a seldom used
Mobilepro 880 and have some questions.  (I've checked
the archives; but many of the answers are old and I'm
hoping some of the the answers are now obsolete.)

1.  Keeping in mind that I am a newbie, is it worth
the effort?  Are there so many hardware compatibility
problems that most of the mobilepros functionality
will be lost?

2.  Are the following Mobilepro 880 items usable under
NetBSD:
     internal modem
     usb ports

3.  Will NetBSD use the compact flash if it is
attached to the pc card slot via a converter?  Is
there a size limit to compact flash card
compatibility?

4.  I would like to connect to a network.  Does anyone
have advice on what kind of ethernet port (usb,
compact flash, pc card, etc) to use?

5.  How are people currently using NetBSD on
Mobilepros?

Thanks for the help.

Andrew Gould