Subject: Re: Matchbox, a nice WM for hpcmips
To: chad <y@mit.edu>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@sudanacid.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2002 15:00:37
Thanks for the tip. I recompiled with --disable-xft but still no go.

I did get it to spit out:

"MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support"

I'm also having a problem with just running xinit.

I should (at least I can on linux boxes) run xinit and then get just an
xterm with no WM, and then I can launch a WM and test it.

On netbsd, on the z50 there isn't really a difference I can tell between
start and xinit. Its like xinit is attempting to start my WM, which isn't
what I want.

Does anyone have a z50 where xinit will start only x and an xterm? If so,
what is their default xinitrc?

-andy