Subject: Re: Installing additional sets manually
To: Uzair Aqeel, esq. <uzairaqeel@yahoo.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/02/2002 15:40:39
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Uzair Aqeel, esq. wrote:

> 1) What's the most painless way to get a web browser
> onto my system? Right now, I'm telnet-ing to servers
> and requesting pages manually, so basically anything
> would be acceptable :) I read about browsers that
> needed GTK (?) etc, but that sounded a little
> confusing to me, so I thought I'd ask the list's
> opinion.

- ssh -X (then launch your browser off a server)
- lynx
- or even better, links (text-based w/menus, pointer support)

:-)

> 2) Can someone make an e-mail client recommendation
> for me?

mail

:-)

- mutt

> 3) Finally, is there any power management to speak of?
> Mikel's page mentions laptop power management, but I
> couldn't find anything hpcmips-specific.

on the Z50, press the power button when using greg's latest kernel... i
notice that my wireless PCMCIA card turns off, screen blanks, but
everything is restored just fine when i press the power button to go back
to work...

hth