Subject: Re: Installing additional sets manually
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/30/2002 11:05:31
the method i've used is to first create a holding directory, download the
desired packages, and to then use the pkg commands (with the requisite
directory incantation, such as /usr/local) to install the software... this
works some of the time with standalone packages, but is a better way to do
things, as dependencies are pointed out...

you should be able to simply rerun the install to install additional sets
(there's an 'upgrade' function, IIRC?)...

if you do a 'man 8 install' (assuming you've installed the man pages):

"The instructions given for extracting the source sets work equally well
for the binary sets, but it is worth noting that if you use that
method, the files are /-relative and therefore are extracted below the
current directory. That is, if you want to extract the binaries into your
system, i.e.  replace the system binaries with them, you have to run the tar
-xpf command from /."

reading further in the page:

.***********************************************.
* NetBSD-1.5.3 Install System                  *
*                                              *
*>a: Install NetBSD to hard disk               *
* b: Upgrade NetBSD on a hard disk             *
* c: Re-install sets or install additional sets*
* d: Reboot the computer                       *
* e: Utility menu                              *
* x: Exit Install System                       *

so, i'd rerun the install, and choose 'c:'?

hth,

bball