Subject: Re: Kernel Questions (Installation related)
To: Uzair Aqeel, esq. <uzairaqeel@yahoo.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/29/2002 20:16:11
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Uzair Aqeel, esq. wrote:

> I finally managed to make it all work!

yahoo! another z50 NetBSD user!

[snip]

i'll leave the technical answers to the maintainers, but i rolled greg's
kernel onto my 1.5.1 file system... i did have to create devices to
support audio, but that's the only issue i can recall...

obviously the best is to install the latest and greatest, but i haven't
read the changelog or release notes on whether or not greg's z50-specific
features have been rolled in... (just the trackpoint?)

right now, i'm happy with a stable system, and i figure if it ain't broke,
don't fix it! (OK, OK, i know one should update for security, but i'm only
using the release on a laptop that generally stands alone, dials up, or is
behind a NetFilter moat...)

all my devices (wired/wireless NICs, serial I/O, CF, PCMCIA SCSI, etc.)
all work fine...

signed,

a grateful NetBSD user