Subject: Kernel Questions (Installation related)
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Uzair Aqeel, esq. <uzairaqeel@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/29/2002 16:34:49
I finally managed to make it all work!

I'm a complete newbie to NetBSD system administration,
so here are my questions:

I have very little space left on my 214MB card, so I
was thinking of going back and re-installing PocketBSD
(ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/pocketbsd/binary/sets).

1) Could someone tell me if this is 1.5.3?

2) If I install this minimalistic version, what am I
missing? Can I go ahead and install X with this
version?

3) Using the instructions on Billy Ball's website, I
re-booted using Greg Hughes' kernel (thanks to both
Billy and Greg!). If I were to do the minimal install,
could I still re-boot with Greg's kernel?

Thanks a lot! Hope to hear from someone very soon...

Uzair