Subject: Re: rebuild CF card with FAT partition?
To: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
From: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/07/2002 20:48:34
H'lo;

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Russell McManus wrote:

> I've upgraded to a microdrive, and I'd like to start using
> the CF card that I previously used for NetBSD on hpcmips in
> a digital camera.
>
> Is there any way to reformat a CF card with a FAT partition
> under NetBSD?  I've done some googling, no dice so far.
>
> Any ideas appreciated, even for win2000, if it comes to that.

well, i cant speak for your camera, because you didnt say what kind it is,
but i beleive my cheezy olympus DL-360 will format the card itself.

your camera may do likewise.

note that most digital cameras run similar operating systems, you can
google about for olympus and agfa ( i think agfa or sharp actually wrote
the os and everybody else just licenses it )