Subject: Re: 1.6B & Z50 vrdsiu_mouse?
To: Chris Vandomelen <chrisv@b0rked.dhs.org>
From: Greg Hughes <gl2hughes@uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/02/2002 10:44:43
Chris,

It looks like you are using a very old configuration file to compile your
kernel.  The version of the GENERIC config that I am using (and the one I
believe to be current) is v 1.128, but it seems you are using v 1.9.  There
are numerous differences when I perform a diff on the Z50.txt file you
supplied and the current GENERIC configuration.

Perhaps if you reset the CVS sticky tags and update the GENERIC script you
will get the most-recent version?  e.g. 'update -A' in the hpcmips/conf
directory should do the trick.

The current configuration files should not need any tweaking to get them to
compile TrackPoint support for the Z50.  You can just configure the kernel
build with the GENERIC script and everything should work ok.

- Greg