Subject: Re: ibm z50 questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/16/2002 09:05:00
On 15.06.02, 17:49:30, jolan wrote:
> i recently installed the 1.5.3rc2 snapshot of netbsd with greg's patched
> 1.5-current kernel. my sincere thanks to the developers. everything
> works well, however i have a few questions:
>
> 1) how do i change the mixer settings? mixerctl reports no changeable
> values.

Has the audio driver been pulled up to 1.5? Nice.

> 2) is it possible to have more than one console? (or am i just
>    being stupid and experiencing a keyboard mapping issue?)

1.6 has wscons support, i. e. severl virtual terminals. Works fine,
but is quite slow. I wasn't able to switch to text consoles from the
Xserver, though.

> 3) what's a good keymap for making page down/up work? (in the console)
>
> 4) how do i turn on lcd blanking?

If this has been pulled up to the 1.5 branch, too, then you need to
have the options ...

  ite8181video*   at vr4102ip? addr 0x0a000000 size 0x800000 # ITE8181 video
  hpcfb*          at      ite8181video?
  options         ITE8181_LCD_CONTROL_ENABLE

... in your kernel config file. Pressing the button always suspends the
machine, besides turning off the LCD. I don't of any to _only_ turn
off the LCD.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD is much like a tipi:  No windows, no gates, and an apache inside.