Subject: Re: BE-300 booting
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@sudanacid.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/29/2002 10:32:20
I love opie. I use it on my 16/32 3650, on top of the familar linux distro
for the ipaq (familar.handhelds.org).

I use it wirelessly with a wavelan or aironet 802.11 card. Konquerer is
really nice (the kde web browser), and while it already supports ssl, the
familar linux distro dosen't have the complete openssl install, due to
space, so that it can't do ssl at the moment. Konquerer is much more
advanced than dillo.

Sound works sometimes, but a lot of work is going into opie at the moment.
THere are some really cool mainstream apps that are being written for the
Sharp Zaurus, which runs the 'commercial' qpe, from which opie is built.
You _can_ run most of these apps right on opie!

Go to goole and seach for zaurus linux software-- there are some cool web
repositories of qpe software.

Lastly, they (familar people) are finally perfecting a dual boot ipaq (for
36,37 and 3800) - i.e you don't have to remove wince. Of course, you need a
CF to hold linux, and also a ethernet card, so the dual-sleeve is a must.
Check out the familiar list archives for this month. One problem- you lose
your ram, so all your wince _data_ is gone, but if you backup first, its no
problem.

-andy