Subject: Re: Casio BE-300 and hpcmips
To: matthew c. mead <mmead@goof.com>
From: William A. Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/28/2002 07:47:31
Matt:

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:00:13PM -0400, matthew c. mead wrote:
> Sams currently has the Casio BE-300 for $150.
>
> While the idea of a WinCE device doesn't really appeal to me, I
> noticed its JDM twin BE-500 is supported by netbsd-hpcmips.
>
> How hard would it be to get netbsd-hpcmips running on this beast?

Haven't a clue.  I can't seem to get it going on my Vadem Clio 1000,
and it claims tl be supported as well...

> Once I did, is there character recognizer support?  What about
> support for PIM like applications and syncing?  Anything for the
> multimedia capabilities of this machine?  Obviously this would
> all be userland stuff, but does it exist?

I took a look at a Zaurus, and that QT environment is really nice.  I
wonder if anyone has built it for NetBSD?  I think that would pretty
well cover all the features you've mentioned.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com