Subject: Max power draw on a MP800/770
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: DP <dp@recycled.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/17/2002 10:50:49

--B_3104477450_5409605

I=B9m running into problems installing NetBSD on a MobilePro 800; the symptom=
also exhibit themselves on a MobilePro 770. I=B9m using a Toshiba TypeII
PCMCIA 2.0Gb drive. It works on an IBM Workpad z50, but not on the MP800 or
770. I think the card is trying to draw more power (1.3W @ 3.3V or 2W @ 5V)
than the MP800/770 can supply.

CE recognizes the flash card is inserted but cannot read it or format it
(there was a problem writing to sector N, for every sector). Like I said th=
card works fine on a Workpad z50.

Has anyone come across issues  like this or documentation of available powe=
for PCMCIA so I can at least be sure that=B9s the problem?

Dan

--B_3104477450_5409605

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Max power draw on a MP800/770</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I&#8217;m running into problems installing NetBSD on a=
 MobilePro 800; the symptoms also exhibit themselves on a MobilePro 770. I&#=
8217;m using a Toshiba TypeII PCMCIA 2.0Gb drive. It works on an IBM Workpad=
 z50, but not on the MP800 or 770. I think the card is trying to draw more p=
ower (1.3W @ 3.3V or 2W @ 5V) than the MP800/770 can supply.<BR>
<BR>
CE recognizes the flash card is inserted but cannot read it or format it (t=
here was a problem writing to sector N, for every sector). Like I said the c=
ard works fine on a Workpad z50.<BR>
<BR>
Has anyone come across issues &nbsp;like this or documentation of available=
 power for PCMCIA so I can at least be sure that&#8217;s the problem?<BR>
<BR>
Dan</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>