Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: josh <dorqus@bsdfreek.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/05/2002 17:22:45
david wrote...
>  1) I've been looking at either the Mr. Flash 128MB CF card or the Sandisk
> 128MB CF card, has anyone had any luck with CF cards other than Sandisk?

I'm using a Mr. Flash 256mb CF card with nor problems.

>  2) The user manual says that 128MB will be enough for a
> kernel/base/etc/compiler but how much space is left over after the inital
> install?

I originally used a 128mb card, but had very little free space, I'd spend
the extra few buck for the 256mb CF card.

>  3) What's the progress on X with the 770? How much space will it take up,
> what apps have been ported, what still needs to be ported, ect?

X works fine on the Mobilepro 800, don't know about the 770 though.

>  4) Are the PCMCIA cards supported by NetBSD supported by this port?

It should work fine with those, I use a Orinoco Silver Wireless card with
no problems.

>  5) What filesystem does the port use?

It uses the NetBSD ffs.

--