Subject: Sluggish Performench on a z50
To: HpcMIPS <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mikel Waxler <waxor@waxor.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/02/2002 00:59:52
Why cant my z50 play nintendo games? I'm using darcness to sdo the
emulation and its unplayably slow. xscorch is also pretty bad. I havn't
triend much else i nthe way of games. Net hack runs amazingly fast though.

Anyway, here are my thoughts as to why it could be:

Video, dont know anything about the graphics chip on the z50 but I'm
guessing its slow.

X server, It the x server taking to many resources? this seems unlikely,
but I'd b willing to believe this one.

X server, not optimised for this platform. This I'd also be willing to
believe.

Swap Space. i have none. could this be why?

CF disk. I have a sandisk but its not a newer 'faster' disk. Could poor
disk performence be the issue?

Thoughs?

HampshireCollege.student("Mikel Waxler");