Subject: sysinst failure, out of swap
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/24/2002 23:39:29
I finally got around to trying out a recent NetBSD version on my z50; but
ran into a few bugs in the sysinst process. :(

the big one is that during the transfer of the base tarballs, transfer rates
suddenly dropped from 600-700K/s to 150K/s; then I got a "UUM: pid 15
(sysinst), uid 0 killed: out of swap"

I didn't have a swap partition defined (never needed one before); and I had
gone through the sysinst menus more than a few times (tried upgrading first,
before just reformatting and reinstalling); so it's probable that there's
just a memory leak that eventually took up my 48MB of memory.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises