Subject: Re: dead computer
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/18/2002 12:55:03
--UfEAyuTBtIjiZzX6

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 10:06:46AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> Remove all the batteries you can find, including the 2032 coin sized
> ones if your box has them, wait 10-20 minutes, reconnect the batteries
> and then plug it into the wall for 15 minutes.  Then, and only then,
> try to turn it on.

Yep, that worked; thanks!

Now I've reproduced the cause of the hang:  "shutdown -p" from NetBSD
(fairly recent -current).  So now I get to take the thing apart
again...

I'll file a pr about this.

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--UfEAyuTBtIjiZzX6

--UfEAyuTBtIjiZzX6--