Subject: Re: dead computer
To: None <chris@cjones.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/17/2002 10:06:46
In message: <20020417094956.C20664@mt.sri.com>
            Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org> writes:
: I've tried hitting the reset switch; removing the batteries; hitting
: the reset switch with the batteries removed; reseating the RAM and ROM
: cards.  Nothing seems to help.  Using wall power instead of battery
: power doesn't work, either.
:
: Does anybody have any suggestions?

Remove all the batteries you can find, including the 2032 coin sized
ones if your box has them, wait 10-20 minutes, reconnect the batteries
and then plug it into the wall for 15 minutes.  Then, and only then,
try to turn it on.

I've seen this proceedure work on some machines, but I don't recall if
the mobilepro 800 was on that list or not.

Warner