Subject: Re: wince ethernet performance, and a deal on HDDs (was: Re: ne2k pcmcia cards for Wince 2.2)
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/16/2002 16:12:15
> Actually, I'm getting 900KB/sec over 10mbit half-duplex (Even seen
> once 1000KB/sec on good day on large transfer), so 500KB/sec is not
> good result, but it is completely acceptable [unlike 2KB/sec from
> wince].
	yeah, I guess you're right. I've gotten 1MB/sec on a 10-base hub.
	I'll have to benchmark my z50 again to see what I get. :)

> > it may also be possible to subvert this chassis with a larger HDD... so
> > maybe you could attach a 48GB drive to your hpcmips device. ;>
>
> And suck batteries within how many seconds? ;-).
	probably has an external power supply. would draw too much power
otherwise.

>Oh and this si
> nothing new. I seen similar toy in 'used computers' shop for $60 or so
> (but without drive, you had to supply your own).
	I know it's not new; but in case anyone was interested I figured I'd
point it out.  :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer