Subject: New Z50/BSD tinkerer
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Dmytriw <daved@telusplanet.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/15/2002 08:11:55
Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that I have begun playing with my "new" Z50 and
NetBSD hpcmips.  I recently purchased a replacement battery pack and 32 MB
upgrade but have not received them as yet.

I did install NetBSD on my base system with a 256MB CF card and have played
a bit.

WOW, very very cool !!

I would also like to add that I plugged an Addtron AWP-100RA 802.11 pcmcia
card (Prism II I think) in, did an ifconfig and everything worked fine.

I'm looking forward to doing more once my memory arrives, and when I get
more than 256MB to play with.

I am interested in trying to run Java apps, specifically mognet,

http://chocobospore.org/mognet/

to do some wireless sniffing.  Comments from anyone who has experience with
this, or other wardriving or net stumbling activities are very welcome.  I
know I will need info on how to put my wireless card into
monitor/promiscuous mode and have not found any info on how to do it yet.

Thanks to the info I found my install was fairly straight forward.

Regards,

Dave