Subject: Re: ne2k pcmcia cards for Wince 2.2
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/09/2002 23:18:00
> > didn't steal the dongle lying there (maybe they didn't recognize it as such,
> heck, the dongle is worth more than the card! :-)
	lots of times, yes. :) so it really surprised me...

> > any other suggestions?
> a serial I/O card, null-modem cable and a 115200-baud PPP connection to
> another computer?
	how does wince speak over that, tho? anyone ever gotten wince 2.2 to
speak meaningfully to a real OS over a serial line?
	like I said, I need this for when I reinstall netbsd from scratch;
since I don't have a windows box to transfer files with, over the serial
cable.

> of course, there's always 'sneaker-net,' but i get tired of running up and
> down the stairs carrying a flash card just to transfer files...
	don't have another CF reader (tho I suppose they're down to <$20
now, and supported under linux; so that might not be an entirely cracked
notion).

<OT>
argh. just found out that the IBM HDD in my desktop machine at home is
starting to develop bad sectors. :( time to get a new drive. :(
if you have any of the IBM Deskstar GXP drives made a year/couple years ago;
just go out and buy a replacement (or at least a hot spare) for it. way too
many of these things are dying...
</OT>

Carl Soderstrom.
--