Subject: native browser
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Brown <shox@shox.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2002 21:46:14
Has anyone built a small native graphical web browser for hpcmips/NetBSD?
I was looking at dillo, but it's GTK based and I'm having a bitch of a
time getting GTK and its related tools built in 512mb of space. And no, I
don't have a spare NFS partition lying around the network to use, either
:)

Lynx built just fine so I can use that, but I'd like a native browser if
possible. Mozilla is way too big to run natively and I don't always have
another box to export a Netscape browser. I use my box on the go quite a
bit. Suggestions? Has anyone used Dillo? Is it worth spending my time
trying to make it work? If I do get it to work, I'd be happy to put it in
package format with a static binary. But if someone else has an idea, I'd
rather hear options than to reinvent the wheel.

On another note, stupid question, but how do you turn off the Z50 from
NetBSD?? I do a shutdown -h now and hit the power/suspend button and it
stops, but it won't restart without removing and replacing the battery.
When I am not using it, I'd like to shutdown/halt NetBSD, go back to
WinCE, and suspend until I need to boot NetBSD again. Any ideas?

-Rob

--
Robert Brown
Email:   shox@shox.org