Subject: Re: Z50 kernel issues
To: Chris Jones , billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2002 17:36:06
--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:06:41PM -0400, Greg Hughes wrote:

> I thought this might have had something to do with missing kernel
> symbols at first (due to the error message that netstat / vmstat were
> reporting -- kvm_syms... something), however the kernel I'm currently
> running (and the one I posted yesterday) has been stripped and vmstat /
> netstat work properly with it.

Are your vmstat and netstat of the same vintage as your kernel?  This
is the other annoying quirk of grovelling kernel data from userland;
if the kernel's data structures have changed, your binaries won't work
anymore.

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--