Subject: Re: Quick X question...
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2002 13:14:48
> I have an x86 laptop running NetBSD.  I have X installed, along with fvwm.
> I discovered the other night that if I have multiple workspaces set up in
> fvwm, I can slowly page across from one to another by using <alt> and the
> arrow keys.  For example, <alt>+<right arrow> will move my field of view
> further to the right (my guess is approximately 50 pixels), though I don't
> completely jump to the next workspace.

here's the relevant entries for your .fvwm2rc

# ctrl + arrow, scroll by 1 page
Key Left        A       M       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       A       M       Scroll +100 +0
Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -100
Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0   +100

# alt + arrow key, scrolls by 1/10 of a page
Key Left        A       C       Scroll -10 +0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +10 +0

tho as it has been pointed out, your problem is the keys, not the config
file; this will give you some idea how to change things in fvwm. :)

I personally really like FVWM. it's simple, extremely configurable, and
pretty reliable. I may use Enlightenment at home, or when I want to show off
to people; but I use FVWM when I want to actually get work done. :)

Carl.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises