Subject: Re: HPCmips wiki
To: josh <dorqus@bsdfreek.com>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@shaft.techsupport.co.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2002 12:02:02
* josh <dorqus@bsdfreek.com> [020406 19:36]:
> Andrew Diller wrote...
> > Is here:
> > http://hpcmips.screamingserver.com/z50wiki
> > Feel free to add your thoughts, tips, etc.
> > I need someone to add info about the MobilePro-- I know nothing about these
> > machines.
>
> I have a MobilePro 800, would LOVE to have the new feature that
> the z50 now has (mainly screen blank, and better touchscreen
> calibration, plus maybe USB mouse support), audio support is
> not that big a deal for me.

Amen, apm support (mainly screen blanking as you say, as that's
the main battery killer) would be a lifesaver. I've only got as far as
booting the install kernel so far, but that was usable enough to get a feel
for the platform - really nice little thing...

What would be involved in getting apm to screen blank?
(Can anyone point out the z50 deltas that went in?)

--
For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.
		-- R. Clopton