Subject: Re: Quick X question...
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/07/2002 00:51:14
the Alt keys appear dead on the z50...  (IOW, you can't get Alt key
events, and by extension, Pg Up/Down events, as those keys require
depression of Alt)... one alternative might be to map those keys using
xmodmap to F9-F12 (which aren't used by any apps)... this was my first
approach to implementing cursor key use for X... but i found xkbdcomp to
be more useful... i have been unsuccessful in configuring/using the Alt
key on the z50 so far...

(but that doesn't mean much, because i'm an idiot anyway)...

billy 'alt key-less' ball