Subject: Z50 kernel issues
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Brown <shox@shox.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/06/2002 15:58:21
Hey guys. I just got my Z50 up and running on NetBSD yesterday. The base
install worked just fine and the system is great. I installed with the
generic kernel but moved over to Greg's kernel that he put up yesterday. With
both the default and Greg's kernel I can't seem to run a netstat. I also
noticed a few issues at boot time. Here's a boot log:

Building databases...
usage: kvm_mkdb [ -o database] [file]
Segmentation fault - core dumped
Starting syslogd.
Checking for core dump...
savecore: /netbsd: kvm_nlist: bad namelist
savecore: /netbsd: _dumpdev not in namelist
Mounting all filesystems...
<normal messages from here>

I have also noticed that I can't run netstat. Here's what I get:

tiny# netstat -an
netstat: no namelist

Any ideas? I haven't researched this thoroughly yet since I've only had
the Z50 for 24 hours or so, but I thought I'd run it by the list.

-Rob

--
Robert Brown
Email:   shox@shox.org