Subject: Re: New kernel behavior [was] Re: z50 TrackPoint driver for CVS...
To: billy ball , Greg Hughes <gl2hughes@uwaterloo.ca>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@sudanacid.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/06/2002 00:48:08
I believe this is due to not copying the new kernel to /netbsd.

Remember you have to install the kernel in both the wince partition (for
the initial boot) and also on your netbsd /, so that when netbsd reboots
and boots from /netbsd its using the new kernel, not the one you got from
the 1.5 installation procedure.

I did this once, before I realized what was happening.

This explains both your symptoms.

-andy