Subject: Re: z50 TrackPoint driver for CVS source available
To: Greg Hughes <gl2hughes@uwaterloo.ca>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/05/2002 08:47:27
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Greg Hughes wrote:

> I just got the TrackPoint code ported over to work with the CVS sources.
> I've put it up on my NetBSD page:
>
>   http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~gl2hughe/hpcmips/
>
> and it's first on the list (vrdsiu-z50tp-netbsd-20020405A.tar.gz).
>
> I just got this to work on my z50 about 30 minutes ago, so it hasn't
> been thoroughly tested yet.  If the TP driver worked for you on older
> kernels, the port should work with the current one.

Woohoo!!!  Works great here.  Applied the patch, recompiled the kernel,
scp'ed it over to the z50 and my mouse pointer works again!

For anyone interested, I have posted another precompiled kernel at:

http://memory.visualtech.com/netbsd.gz

Our DNS is flaky, and we've been getting feedback from some people that
nothing on our network is resolving, so if you have problems with that
try:

http://208.16.19.49/netbsd.gz

This is -current from about two days ago, with Greg's patch applied.  I've
left in support for all the networking devices from GENERIC, enabled LCD
blanking, removed all USB code, and compiled it specifically for the
VR4121 chipset.

Based on the feedback from Billy, it sounds like this will work just fine
with NetBSD 1.5.1.

> Again, sorry for the long delay in getting this done!

Don't apologize!  Without you, it doesn't look the IBM z50 users would
have ever gotten to use the track point under NetBSD :-)

Adam