Subject: Re: New Z50 NetBSD kernel
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/04/2002 10:48:14
i'm interested! thanks for the link Adam... here's what i've found so far:

- downloaded, gunzip'd, copied new kernel to my 1GB microdrive and booted
- boots fine (using the new kernel on a 1.5.1 install)
- logged in, inserted D-Link DWL-650; initial pcmcia info is more detailed
than previous kernel driver - nice job!
- connected to wireless network with no problems (i assume my Linksys
WPC11 will function similarly)
- have not tried my Xircom CF 10 for wired LAN ops yet
- have not tried my serial I/O card (for connecting to my StarTAC) yet
- pressing power button blanks LCD, suspends, and turns off card
- better yet, pressing the power button restores LCD, system and card
without the need to re-insert or re-establish wireless connection!

  GOOD JOB!!!

- have not tried audio yet... can someone recommend simple app and command
line to test?

- now if trackpoint support is rolled in, Z50 NetBSD users are going to be
VERY happy!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

and, as always, i am in awe of the NetBSD developers and fellow NetBSD
users!

regards,

billy ball