Subject: Re: cross-compiling from Linux
To: Sean Callanan <sc843@bard.edu>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/27/2002 09:45:43
--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:36:37AM -0500, Sean Callanan wrote:

> I have a Linux/sparc64 box that I [painstakingly] compiled from scratch (=
GCC=20
> 3.0.3 and glibc 2.2.4). Is it possible to get a cross-compiler, binutils,=
 and=20
> NetBSD libraries going on this machine? Would the -current kernel compile=
 on=20
> such a setup?

Unlikely, but possible.  The last time I checked, cross-compilation
was only support on NetBSD, from one architecture to another.  I've
successfully cross-built the system for hpcmips from an i386 machine.

If you feel motivated, go ahead and try.  If you have any success, it
could be a big win for everybody, if you can submit patches that would
allow other people to do that.

You might also want to write to current-users@netbsd.org to ask what
the likelihood of success is.  Folks who read that list are more
likely to know.

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg--