Subject: Re: audio driver [was]Re: Z50 - CF card or Microdrive?
To: None <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/26/2002 13:01:57
In message: <20020326205037.A13333@localhost>
            Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> writes:
: On 26.03.02, 14:33:28, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
: >
: > OK...  So here's my quick and dirty review of the differences, on my IBM
: > z50, between NetBSD 1.5 and this latest snapshot (from yesterday) at:
: >
: > http://kame.naobsd.org/snapshots
: >
:
: apm would be _really_ nice. I don't think there's much portable stuff
: here, I think much of x86 APM is BIOS stuff and I have no idea if, or
: how much, NetBSD depends on what the BIOS has set up. dmesg also talks
: about "pseudo power management module." Is that just a placeholder for
: a future "real" power management module, or does it have to be
: "pseudo" on hpc?

It is designed to work with the NetBSD apm API, and should be fairly
complete.  The power management is all handled by the NetBSD/hpcmips
kernel rather than asking "BIOS" routines to do it like on ia32
machines.

Warner