Subject: some advice?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <jjh@email.arizona.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/06/2002 11:42:38
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could pass along any advice.
I'm attempting to get NetBSD running on my MobilePro 750C
and I've run into a few problems. The machine has 16M of
ram, a NE2K compatable pcmcia nic and a 128M flash card
w/ WINCE 2.0.
I've run into a few different problems/issues and would be
eternally greatful for some pointers:
   1) PBSDBOOT.EXE won't run, but PBSDBOOT1.EXE will boot
      the kernel. I thought PBSDBOOT was supposed to run on
      2.0 and higher?
   2) I've tried two NICs and neither can make a connection.
      The first(a megahertz, using 'sm') nuked the kernel when
      an FTP connection was attempted. The second(linksys
      etherfast, using 'ne') doesn't crash the kernel but
      won't make an FTP connection to an external site or
      a box on the same subnet.

If anyone could shead any light on how i can get this thing
running? thanks in advance

jjh