Subject: Re: using swap with hpcmips
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@sudanacid.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/06/2002 00:45:46
Arg: I get to answer my own question.

Apparently, netbsd dosen't mind you messing with disklabels on a 'hot'
disk. I just went in and edited the swap partition down to 48 megs, saved
and then did a swapon -a /dev/sd0b. It worked!

On Tru64, you can't ever 'save' an edited disklabel except to the
on-disk-copy, which won't be read till the next reboot. :( I'd hate to
reboot this.

But meanwhile, I think I ran out of ram-- the machine core dumped and now
vmstat gives me:

dillera@z50:~>$ vmstat 2
vmstat: invalid _disk_count -2145399636.

I've never seen that before.

-andy

--On Wednesday, February 06, 2002 12:11 AM -0500 Andrew Diller